The program interface includes:
- Control panel;
- Menu panel;
- Media library;
- Component library;
- Component controls;
- Controller controls;
The control panel includes:
- List of the last saved project templates, with thumbnails.
- Buttons used to edit selected templates and upload them directly to media display points.
- E-mail address of the authenticated user.
- Menu for sorting display points, menu for searching for display points by tags.
- List of connected media display points, with indication of current status.
- "Create folder” button for media display points grouping.
- List of the last saved project templates.
- Links to Help and other reference on the program.
- Button for creation of a new project.
The control panel is the program’s start-up screen.
To access the control panel while using the program, save (if necessary) and close the edited project template using the "File" menu.
The menu panel consists of the following sections:
- File – creating and editing project templates, exit out of the program,;
- Edit – configuration, copying, and deletion of project components/controllers, program settings, including interface language selection;
- Controllers – adding controllers to template;
- Components – adding components to template;
- Template – project template preview, configuration of project template;
- Help – access to Displayforce Manager, user logout, program updating.
Project templates are created and edited using the program’s Desktop screen.
The Desktop includes:
- tabs of open templates;
- media library display button;
- main desktop area for adding, editing, and deleting components and controllers;
- component library display button;
- current status of the program;
- main desktop area scaling tool.
The Media library includes all content files added to the project template and also allows adding and deleting them.
The Media library includes:
- Toggle Media library button;
- file preview area (if applicable);
- list of files added to the template;
- add and delete file buttons.
The Component library contains components available for use in the project template.
The Component library includes:
- Toggle Component library button;
- List of components.
Component controls include:
- Duplicate component (with all its settings) button;
- Open Editor button;
- Remove component from template button;
- Components status, indicating if it is the starting component for this template.
Controller controls include:
- Duplicate controller (with all its settings) button;
- Open Editor button;
- Remove controller from template button;
- ID number of the device used by the controller.
The Editor is used for configuring components and controllers added to template, including their properties, contents, appearance, rules for event response, links between the template’s components and controllers.
Outward appearance and contents of the Editor varies depending on the component or controller currently in the works.
Elements shared by all components and controllers are:
- "Info", "Control", "Audio";
- "OK", "Cancel", and "Apply" buttons for saving and undoing the changes made.