Installation requires Ubuntu 16.04.1 LTS or an equivalent version of Linux or older. Installation on Astra Linux Special Edition version 1.7 is supported.
This instruction demonstrates installation on Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS.
Installation using the .DEB installation archive
Installation requires root rights for the user.
Installing a younger version of the player to an older one is possible, but not recommended.
During installation, ffmpeg will also be downloaded and installed as a required dependency. It is necessary for the correct playback of video files and their decoding.
When installing the application, the location will be automatically selected along the path: /usr/share/displ-player, where displ-player is the name of the application package.
Installation via graphical user interface:
- Right click on the downloaded .deb application packageRight click on the downloaded .deb application package.
- Click “Open With Other Application” and then “Software Install”.
- Then click "Install" and enter the user password.
- The application package will be installed, dependent modules will be downloaded and installed, and the application icon will be created.
Installation via terminal:
- Open the terminal by going to the list of programs in the lower left corner and finding it in the search.
- Then run the commands below (the system will ask you to enter the user's password):
- sudo dpkg -i PlayerX64.deb
- sudo apt-get -y install -f
where PlayerX64.deb is the name of the application package file.
The first command unpacks and installs the package itself (you must specify where it is located, as in the screenshot above), the second - the necessary dependent modules.
The application package will be installed, dependencies will be downloaded and installed, and the application icon will be created.
If dependent modules are missing after installation, they can be installed manually by entering the command:
sudo apt-get install $(dpkg-deb -I PlayerX64.deb |
sed -n 's/^ *\(Depends\|Recommends\)://p' |
tr , $'\n' |
Installing from a ZIP archive:
Not a target installation method. Thus, it can be installed only in the case of software testing.
- Download the archive with the distribution kit (in the .zip extension) to the target device.
- Unpack to the desired directory.
- Run the player from the folder where it was unpacked.
In this case, the player will be used as a portable version. It will not be in the list of installed software, but it will require installing ffmpeg from the repository manually, in the terminal, using the command:
sudo apt-install ffmpeg